Tuesday 15 May 2012

Paralegal Experience


I am now 7 weeks into a new job as a paralegal with a commercial law firm. The weeks have flown by, and I have loved being able to get involved in a wide range of varied and interesting work. My work has been spread of a number of different areas of law; property, immigration, employment and company/commercial. This has enabled me to gain a broad overview to practicing law. Having not yet completed the LPC, I was a little worried that I might not understand significant areas of the law, or be unable to complete tasks as thoroughly as might have been expected. However, the solicitors have all been really welcoming and keen to help out when needed!

The experience has been invaluable in developing research skills, and providing me with the opportunity to draft advice to clients. The cases themselves have been varied, and no two cases are ever the same – something which first attracted me to a career in law. A lot of the work has been on an international scale, which has provided more challenging work with a larger number of issues. I have also had the opportunity to get involved with research and preparation for pro bono cases, assisting inmates on death row overseas, which has been interesting in a different respect.

The work has been intellectually challenging, which keeps you on your toes and requires high levels of concentration and commitment! Each day provides new work, and I look forward to challenging myself further every day and gaining new experiences.

It is still early days, but I am thoroughly enjoying myself and looking forward to further developing my skills!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, hope it's still going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy after reading your blog. This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. Commercial Law London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post.Thanks for creating this informative post.

    Trademark Attorney Los Angeles & Trademark law firms

    ReplyDelete